Thursday, May 7, 2009

The beginning

I've been meaning to set this up for a while, but I had to come up with something creative for the title. I couldn't bring myself to do something lame. It would be sad to have something dumb sounding linked to my name. I was sitting in the hall of the Benson building next to the bathrooms surfing the 'net (because thank goodness it finally works on my computer!) When it came to me. It was so brilliant I made it right away.  In case no one recognizes it, it's a quote from Edna Mode in The Incredibles. I get great joy out of quoting Disney movies. It's so much fun. 
I am awful at writing in my journal so I'm going to do this and hope that I'll still be ok when I get to heaven. I spend enough time on the internet, most of it sitting on facebook waiting for someone to do something exciting so I can pounce on it like Simba on Zazu. Now I can do something vaguely useful while I impatiently wait for someone to do something on facebook. So exciting. 
My classes and I are not getting along well. There's this one that is sooooooo boring! Oh my goodness. It's a one credit class (even more one credity than my other one credit class) and boring as heck. I'm sure it will be useful eventually but sigh. It's the "you are a biology major what are you going to do with that?" class. There's like two people that are not biology majors. I have yet to figure out why they are in this class. I'm waiting for this weekly torture of mine to begin. But you can ditch and the teacher doesn't really care. He also can't tell. You just have to do the work which you really need to be in class for. I could ditch the next three weeks but then I would be lying. We are talking about health care stuff that you can do with a biology major so yeah, I need to be here. I can't wait to go home and eat!!! yum!
My other classes are pretty much good. I was shocked by the amount of really young teachers I have. Most of them are like 30.   It's so crazy. I was expecting ancient old men or at least 40-50 year old people. Not people with 8 year olds, especially when their oldest is 8. 
My computer is dying. It hates not being plugged in for more than like 10 minutes. So I need to get off and listen, or pretend to listen, to stuff about becoming a person in the medical field. Later! 

3 comments:

  1. Sad day in my life when I realized I mixed up the quote. OH, well. I'm attached to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging Christy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my profs were all young, especially in my major, except like two, one of which I managed never to have a class with (he taught criminal justice-y stuff which bored me to tears, and while potentially more useful than my theory overload, boring as heck). It was fun. I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete