Thursday, November 5, 2009

NO!!!!

I failed! I even remembered I needed to post last night but then promptly forgot. Not surprising. I'm going to try for the rest of the month though.


Yesterday Rachael and I went to the thrift store (we do often) and it was $5 a bag day. Stuff all the clothes you can into a grocery sack and pay 5 bucks for it. My brother Emery also conveniently lets us pick out his clothes. If we buy it he will wear it. And since it was $5 a bag day Rachael was looking for some stuff for her brother. So we're hanging out in the men's section looking at pants when Rachael spy's a tux. We look at it. 34 x 36. Emery's waist! The length might be a little long but hemming! We poke around it more. hmmm needs a cleaning and we see no badness. It's basically perfect! We stuff it in a bag along with a dress for me and 3 other button down shirts for Emery. We took the tux come and waited impatiently for him to arrive. After making him try on the shirts we hand him the tux. He puts it on and it fits! Almost perfectly. The pants are a little short and so are the sleeves. After some inspecting we find that it has been hemmed like no other. 3 or 4 inches in the legs! It can be fixed! So for $1, Emery, who is turning 17 next Wednesday, owns his own tux. Thrift stores have the potential to be rockin'! My dress and his shirts are pretty to. I think I'll take pics of him in all the shirts we have picked up at the thrift store. We have skillz. It also helps that Ridgecrest has no other clothes shopping places and we're dirt poor so we're always at the thrift store but... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment