Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Case of the Disappearing Calories

A couple of days ago, I was looking in my job's cupboard for snacks or lunch or something like that when I saw popcorn. Popcorn with 93% less fat. Score! That makes me feel skinny. Out of curiosity I looked at the nutrient information. There I found this:
3 Tbsp unpopped
Calories 130
Calories from fat 20
1 Cup popped
Calories 15
Calories from fat 0

The Calories! They disappeared! Where did they go? Does popping make all the calories fall out? I texted Rachael. She said, "What? Really?" because what else are you going to say to that?
"Apparently." I said. cool. We made plans to check out other popcorn boxes for the magic. I also made sure to check how many servings there on in a bag. About 2! yes! that means once I pop it I only have 30 calories. That's the best news I've ever seen.

Then I started writing this post. I took a picture on my phone as evidence of the disappearing calories on my phone at the time and I was looking at it to transfer the info over. I glanced up at the serving size information to make sure they matched up. (now the point of view is my head) 3 Tbsp unpopped excellent. Hmmm wait. That 1 cup popped looks suspiciously like a 7. hmmm. Look, madly calculate (well not really), that would be about right. Well the bag did seem like more than 2 cups. Shoot! This  is going to ruin my post. It was going to be so cool! I had plans. My dinosaur chicken nugget post will make it up. I should check it for sure because it's blurry. ZOOOOOOOM. Blast. It is a 7. 

My life can be so disappointing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment