Friday, June 12, 2009

New obsession


I've always had an obsession problem. I'll like something and be completely obsessed with it for a month or two maybe more and then be totally done with it. I'll do it with hott actors, movies, books, tv show, eras, etc. I have the ability to be amazing about it. I'll love it so much and convince myself I need all the merchandise, I change my computer screen, it's really bad. I did it last semester when I started learning a little Chinese.   Now I'm trying to figure out if my new love is just one of these passing things or if it will stay.




Anyway, back to my topic. I've always been attracted to stuff from the 50's. The big, poofy skirts that go "wee!" when you spin, the hair, it's all so cool. So, I started watching Foyle's War, now I'm developed a fascination with Sam, the main female character. I love her hair. I wish I could do it to mine. It's short now, but it was long once. We had borrowed the series from Aunt Jane or Grandma or someone and I wished my hair could do her curly thing. Now, I've developed taste for not only that but all the clothes too. Oh, and most importantly red lipstick. They era manages to make everything so glamourous! Even rationing and smoking (no I am not going to take up smoking in case anyone was worried). I'm now on the lookout for patterns of 30-40's dresses. If anyone is sitting around saying to themselves, "My life is so unfulfilled. How can I changed that?" Break for thought. "I know! I'll buy Christy a present!" You now know what I want. I also want all the seasons of Foyle's war but, sadly, I am too poor and most people don't love me enough to spend $40 and up for me. Now for pics! 
This is the last episode I think. I've heard that they are doing one more from some sources and that they aren't from others. I'm a little confused. Or maybe I can't count. Anyway this is from VE day. Isn't her hair great! and even her uniform. I'd love one of those. Emery has a German uniform hanging around that he borrowed from Uncle Peter. We'd be so cool together, right?

foyles_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

She spends most of the time in her hat and looks like this

News3_2.jpg


These are the main characters on VE day. From left to right: Samantha Stewart, Christopher Foyle, and Paul Milner 

foyle2.jpg

And then because I love him so much

This is Sam's love interest for a large portion- Andrew Foyle, her boss's son. oh, and he's with his dad. The dad is the old guy.

1208718000-131981-FoylesWa-12082798320.jpg


among04a.jpg

I think this is from the episode they first meet. I wish more guys had cool hair like Andrew. Hair today is way too lame. And if you are somewhere other than BYU-Idaho it's way too long. And guys don't wear suits enough. I would do fairly well living in a time period where you had to dress up all the time like in Hairspray. They guys are so snazzy.


I couldn't find the back of Sam's head in picture form so here's a youtube video link. She has her hat off a few seconds in, about 4-6 is all you need. It does change she adds more curl to it later but still. Why can't my hair do that? I need to develop skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SdjIX80Yis


That's probably enough of my blabbering but I love it! Love it, Love it, Love it!!!!!!


ps. I just found this cape from the 20's on ebay. It's $5 plus shipping. It's so cool. That is all. 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures don't work! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

    And you better not lose the vintage obsession, because we HAVE to have an awesome party when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works on some computers and not on others. It's a headache. I'll but them all up in a different post.

    ReplyDelete