Saturday, May 29, 2010

Books and Movies

Some people are avid "you must read the book before you can see the movie" type people. Last night I realized I am not. I thought I leaned toward this philosophy. Last night I finished reading The Lightening Thief. I saw the movie a couple weeks ago and loved it, so I thought I'd give the books a try. The book and the movie are so different, but I loved both of them. I'm glad I watched the movie first because I think that if I had read the book first and then had gone to see the movie I would have been comparing them the whole time and found the movie coming up very short. They vaguely have the same plot but not hardly at all. So I'm glad I watched the movie first and I don't think that I will grow up and make my children read the book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment