Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Dam Marathon

Let the lame jokes begin! In June the Teton Dam Marathon kinda over takes Rexburg. Last year there was a huge banner that said Dam Marathon stretching over Main Street. Students tell Dam jokes all the time. I decided in my insaneness that I want to run the 10k, like I said in my last post. Why? Well, there's a couple of reasons
1. Becky Trimble is one of my good friends. Before she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with Merilee she was my size. Watching her loose a lot of weight and then start to run half marathons was inspiring.
2. The people I spent most of my time with this last fall were runners. Charity Call, Erin Andrus, Jeff Andrus and Becky. I did tried to start running in the fall but realized I am way out of shape. I also hated it. I got to the end of the street and decided it was so not worth it.
3. I want to accomplish something. Can you imagine how good I'll feel about myself crossing that finish line? It's going to be so great.
4. This is the really lame one. A runner's diet is basically carbs. What does Christy eat? Carbs. I'll get healthy without having the change my diet too much. (I know it's a bad one)

I'm buying a watch this weekend when I go to Wal-mart so I can start this thing. Training starts next week. First I'm doing a training program to get into running and then when that finishes I'll start the training for the 10k. I can so do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment